This blog is mainly for authors, especially new and aspiring authors, writers, and bloggers. Established authors are known to drop by here and benefit as well, and they are welcome here. I am always looking for good resources, sources of info, and fairly priced, reliable, and REPUTABLE individuals and businesses that help authors.
Who Can Submit guest posts/advertising:
- Reputable publishers (traditional, hybrid, or self publishers), literary agents, book formatters, cover designers, graphic artists, editors, or anyone who specializes in book creation, design, and publishing.
- Reputable places that offer good author education on branding, social media, marketing, etc at a reasonable prices
- Reputable website designs, themes, hosting, and resources needed for online marketing
- Reputable productivity tools and file conversion products and services that would useful to authors, writers, and bloggers
- Reputable freelance artists who produce or do things for authors that may not readily come to mind (i.e. narrators, illustrators, video for trailers, etc). These are not the only things that exist. Have something? Please contact me.
- Authors who have written books that offer advice in publishing, marketing, social media, etc. This is a nonfiction blog. Authors who want to contact me for guest posts for fiction, please contact me on www.backwoodsauthor.com. The book will be reviewed by myself to see if it would be helpful to a new author. I reserve the right to reject any questionable content that may damage an author’s reputation. (i.e. saying it’s okay to use sock puppets to spam discussion forums on book sites and author groups)
- Bloggers and authors that can offer informative posts that help authors with marketing, self publishing, or education. Personal stories about publishing, reviews, marketing, etc that can teach others is also good. (i.e. personal bad experience at an ASI company, etc). Please don’t share your life history if it doesn’t help others become better book marketers, writers, or make better publishing decisions or why you wrote your nonfiction book or started your blog. Please do that on your social media or your own blog.
****Note: For businesses and publishers, I will review your company before any ads or posts will be placed to make sure you have a good reputation among authors. If you are a shark, you won’t be posting here.
Who cannot submit:
- Anyone who is not affiliated with publishing, authorship, book marketing in any shape or form will not post or advertise here. This is an author education and resource blog (this is not a blog for students or student education). There will be no willy-nilly here. Posts about business and entrepreneur strategies will work since being a professional author/writer/blogger are businesses when it is more than a hobby.
- Random links that embed into posts or pages will not be accepted. Don’t contact me or leave a comment if you use this kind of advertising. The request will be rejected. Links must go to the intended website or products.
- Please do not request for full page ads. I have only so much space to offer in addition to resources, tools, and apps that I find myself. That is why I do guest posts which go out to all my social media channels. Again, I do not accept random companies that have nothing to do with publishing, authorship, writing, social media, or book marketing.
Sidebar Ad: $15 per month or $40 for 3 months
Your company logo or website masthead will be displayed in the sidebar with an embedded link that takes people directly to your website. Your ads will be placed above any of my buttons or widgets that I have on the blog that are resources that I have found. Your ad will have the distinction of “Recommended by NAG” since I will have reviewed your company.
Page Ad: $50 per month
This is NOT a full page ad. The name of your company will be at the top of the ad with the website link embedded that will take the person to your site. Company logo or site masthead is optional. A brief description of why people should come to your company and what it is that you do and why I should recommend you. No empty fluff or “spammy” content will be accepted. Ad content will be reviewed. Your ad will be placed on the “Supporters of NAG” page with all the things mentioned.
3 Month Sidebar/Page Combo: $75
This is essentially get one and get the other 1/2 off. I’m a sucker for a deal just like the next person. So you’re getting both the sidebar and page ad and all they entail for this wonderful deal.
Affiliate Links– Enrollment into your affiliate program
Does your company have an affiliate program that you would like for me to become an affiliate of? Again, I will need to check out your product(s) and your company for good reputation and as a fit for the branding of this blog. After reviewing, I will enroll into the program and list the banners and/or links on the Affiliates Page. Interested? Contact me and send me your information.
***Due to career demands and time constraints, I am no longer accepting guest posts or sponsored posts.
Book or Company Review
For Books: Essentially, this is basically a book review about your educational book about self publishing, social media, book marketing, book, book reviews, etc. Even though this is a nonfiction blog, don’t submit you books on astrophysics, chemistry, beekeeping, biography, or your memoir for this kind of book review. This is an author education and resource blog. I offer services for new and aspiring authors so check out my “Available Services” page if you need that kind of book review. After reading your book, I will write a book review for your book analyzing how helpful it is and if would I recommend it to another author. Even though I will generally be reviewing for content, spelling, punctuation, and proper formatting are still important. We should be setting examples for other authors to follow. If you receive a good review (3+ stars), your book will be listed on my “Resource page” under the “Recommended Books” section. For this kind of book, critical reviews will be posted. I do not give mean, smackdown reviews; I give honest critique to be helpful to readers and other authors’ purchasing decisions. The review will be posted on Amazon, Goodreads, and sent out on all of my social media channels and posted on the blog. No fiction books will be accepted. Cover art, social media, and buy links for the post would also be good, but they are optional. Note: If you engage me in bad author behavior in response to an honest critique, you book review still stands, and I will tell others to add you to their Never Buy List, and you’ll be banned from the site. If your book is listed under the “Recommended Books list” it will be removed. Unsure of what I mean by bad behavior? Please read this post. Bad author behavior will not be tolerated. Period.
Cost: a free copy of your book or a coupon code Formats: print, pdf, or mobi
For Companies and Entrepreneurs: I will try one of your products or services to review your company’s quality and ethics. I will also investigate your website for other services and professionalism. I will post my review on the blog. If I have a good experience at your company, your product quality is good, and I feel that I can recommend it to other authors, then I will add your company site to my “Resources” or “Tools and Apps” in the appropriate category which it belongs. Optional: your company logo or masthead to put on the post. I will embed the link to your site in the post. I will not be going on any free trips (unless I am coming to a publishing company, bookstore, or coffee shop that hosts book signings, writer and reader’s groups, etc) or trying a new food or beverage (unless you are a coffee shop or bookstore that also does author/reader events), so please don’t contact me! This is for books, authors, and publishing only!
Cost: A free product or service for me to try out. I want to go through the same process as all customers, so I can properly assess the MO and customer service for me to give a full report and review.
For Authors Looking for Promos and Advertising:
For sidebar advertising and other coverage besides guest posts and book features and book promotion opportunities for ALL genres please visit Soaring Eagle Publicity for details and rates. Ads for books dealing with self publishing, social media, and book marketing can be advertised here at $50 per month. Books to be posted on this site have to be reviewed and approved.