This blog is mainly for authors, especially new and aspiring authors, writers, and bloggers. Established authors are known to drop by here and benefit as well, and they are welcome here. I am always looking for good resources, sources of info, and fairly priced, reliable, and REPUTABLE individuals and businesses that help authors.
Who Can Submit guest posts/advertising:
- Reputable publishers (traditional, hybrid, or self publishers), literary agents, book formatters, cover designers, graphic artists, editors, or anyone who specializes in book creation, design, and publishing.
- Reputable places that offer good author education on branding, social media, marketing, etc at a reasonable prices
- Reputable website designs, themes, hosting, and resources needed for online marketing
- Reputable productivity tools and file conversion products and services that would useful to authors, writers, and bloggers
- Reputable freelance artists who produce or do things for authors that may not readily come to mind (i.e. narrators, illustrators, video for trailers, etc). These are not the only things that exist. Have something? Please contact me.
- Authors who have written books that offer advice in publishing, marketing, social media, etc. This is a nonfiction blog. Authors who want to contact me for guest posts for fiction, please contact me on www.backwoodsauthor.com. The book will be reviewed by myself to see if it would be helpful to a new author. I reserve the right to reject any questionable content that may damage an author’s reputation. (i.e. saying it’s okay to use sock puppets to spam discussion forums on book sites and author groups)
- Bloggers and authors that can offer informative posts that help authors with marketing, self publishing, or education. Personal stories about publishing, reviews, marketing, etc that can teach others is also good. (i.e. personal bad experience at an ASI company, etc). Please don’t share your life history if it doesn’t help others become better book marketers, writers, or make better publishing decisions or why you wrote your nonfiction book or started your blog. Please do that on your social media or your own blog.
****Note: For businesses and publishers, I will review your company before any ads or posts will be placed to make sure you have a good reputation among authors. If you are a shark, you won’t be posting here.
Who cannot submit:
- Anyone who is not affiliated with publishing, authorship, book marketing in any shape or form will not post or advertise here. This is an author education and resource blog (this is not a blog for students or student education). There will be no willy-nilly here. Posts about business and entrepreneur strategies will work since being a professional author/writer/blogger are businesses when it is more than a hobby.
- Random links that embed into posts or pages will not be accepted. Don’t contact me or leave a comment if you use this kind of advertising. The request will be rejected. Links must go to the intended website or products.
- Please do not request for full page ads. I have only so much space to offer in addition to resources, tools, and apps that I find myself. That is why I do guest posts which go out to all my social media channels. Again, I do not accept random companies that have nothing to do with publishing, authorship, writing, social media, or book marketing.
Sidebar Ad: $15 per month or $40 for 3 months
Your company logo or website masthead will be displayed in the sidebar with an embedded link that takes people directly to your website. Your ads will be placed above any of my buttons or widgets that I have on the blog that are resources that I have found. Your ad will have the distinction of “Recommended by NAG” since I will have reviewed your company.
Page Ad: $50 per month
This is NOT a full page ad. The name of your company will be at the top of the ad with the website link embedded that will take the person to your site. Company logo or site masthead is optional. A brief description of why people should come to your company and what it is that you do and why I should recommend you. No empty fluff or “spammy” content will be accepted. Ad content will be reviewed. Your ad will be placed on the “Supporters of NAG” page with all the things mentioned.
3 Month Sidebar/Page Combo: $75
This is essentially get one and get the other 1/2 off. I’m a sucker for a deal just like the next person. So you’re getting both the sidebar and page ad and all they entail for this wonderful deal.
Sponsored Post: $50 (your own content) or $75 (if I write the content/research your product)
If you have a new/existing company or product that helps authors, writers, bloggers and would like me or you to tell others about it, this option is for you. This isn’t the same thing as a guest post which is free. For a guest post you have to provide something relevant and then briefly talk about the company or product. You can do this for a sponsored post. Wouldn’t hurt. Sponsors will have a 1 month ad included, categorized in the “Sponsored Post Category” and be featured on the “Sponsors of NAG Pinterest Board.” If you are interested in a sponsored post, please contact me. I will need to preview your company for professionalism and good reputation and to make sure it is usable for authors, writers, and bloggers (see list above for details). Sponsored posts must be disclosed to adhere to FTC guidelines.
I also review posts for editorial quality as well as to ensure it fits the branding of the blog. Payment for sponsored posts will be taken up front after approval and before posting. No exceptions. Payment is taken via PayPal exclusively. If accepted I will take the fee and get back to you with a post date.
Affiliate Links– Enrollment into your affiliate program
Does your company have an affiliate program that you would like for me to become an affiliate of? Again, I will need to check out your product(s) and your company for good reputation and as a fit for the branding of this blog. After reviewing, I will enroll into the program and list the banners and/or links on the Affiliates Page. Interested? Contact me and send me your information.
Due to high demand and increased workload, I am reducing guest post requests. Generic pitches will no longer be considered.
Guest posts are simply that. They are generally in freestyle fashion to tell us something educational about: writing, publishing, marketing, content, editing, social media etc–a personal story we can learn from, more about a company and what you do, some wonderful advice you discovered, etc. Thought of something I haven’t listed? Just run it by me–the list is tentative and the possibilities are endless. Contact me if you are interested. Do note, however, that the post will not be empty spam that doesn’t tell us anything about why we should try your company or service or read your blog or book. These posts will be rejected. Articles that are submitted will be reviewed for approval. I will get back with you about an approximate post date.
When querying, please have an article in mind as I am trying to come up with my own content for blogs and books. I don’t have room in my brain for someone else’s topics.
Guest posts are free but do not include any of the perks or sponsored posts or advertising.
The general target audience of this blog are professional and aspiring writer and authors. Here is list of general topics covered by this blog:
- Book Marketing (Online and Offline)
- Blogging and social media for writers
- Speaking Engagements for Writers
- Book formatting (print and/or ebook)
- Cover design
- Topics covering Different Genres
- Social Media etiquette
- Connecting with readers
Due to the increased number of poorly written articles submitted to me and bad behavior about the rejected content, I was forced into creating this policy. Any articles or guest posts submitted that do not adhere to basic editorial standards of sentence structure and proper grammar and punctuation will be rejected. The writer can resubmit at a later time, but if the article won’t be posted until standards are met. I will not be editing posts for free–I have too many other things to do and it is a skill that all professional writers should have. If you seriously want me to edit your posts, there will be a charge of $75 USD each. I will not go through the article and highlight mistakes, and the article should match the branding of the blog–this is also the responsibility of the writer. Keep in mind: readers want interesting, quality, and well written content, not unreadable dreck that doesn’t make sense.
Please also note that the article will be posted as it is submitted, so have your post formatted the way you want it to appear. I don’t have the time to go back and reformat your posts. This is also a writer’s responsibility.
Any objectionable behavior from writers will not be tolerated. Period. Common and professional courtesy goes a long way. Violators will be asked not to submit further content.
Please respect me and my readers–especially my readers. Then we will get along just fine 🙂
If you did not create the image, please include proper licensing and/or permission from the photographer if applicable or a link to the image. This is for both your and my protection from copyright infringement suits and/or extortion schemes (Google Getty Images for details on copyright extortion). Critical Note: Google/Bing Images are not public domain contrary to popular belief. So if you include an image with your post, please provide licensing, permission, attribution, and/or a link (whatever applies).
Very Important!: If I am contacted by an artist or a photographer that you have infringed on their copyright by copying their image without their permission, I will give that person your contact information. You will be held responsible as you should have read this policy. If I am sued by YOUR content, I will be sending you a bill.
Book or Company Review
For Books: Essentially, this is basically a book review about your educational book about self publishing, social media, book marketing, book, book reviews, etc. Even though this is a nonfiction blog, don’t submit you books on astrophysics, chemistry, beekeeping, biography, or your memoir for this kind of book review. This is an author education and resource blog. I offer services for new and aspiring authors so check out my “Available Services” page if you need that kind of book review. After reading your book, I will write a book review for your book analyzing how helpful it is and if would I recommend it to another author. Even though I will generally be reviewing for content, spelling, punctuation, and proper formatting are still important. We should be setting examples for other authors to follow. If you receive a good review (3+ stars), your book will be listed on my “Resource page” under the “Recommended Books” section. For this kind of book, critical reviews will be posted. I do not give mean, smackdown reviews; I give honest critique to be helpful to readers and other authors’ purchasing decisions. The review will be posted on Amazon, Goodreads, and sent out on all of my social media channels and posted on the blog. No fiction books will be accepted. Cover art, social media, and buy links for the post would also be good, but they are optional. Note: If you engage me in bad author behavior in response to an honest critique, you book review still stands, and I will tell others to add you to their Never Buy List, and you’ll be banned from the site. If your book is listed under the “Recommended Books list” it will be removed. Unsure of what I mean by bad behavior? Please read this post. Bad author behavior will not be tolerated. Period.
Cost: a free copy of your book or a coupon code Formats: print, pdf, or mobi
For Companies and Entrepreneurs: I will try one of your products or services to review your company’s quality and ethics. I will also investigate your website for other services and professionalism. I will post my review on the blog. If I have a good experience at your company, your product quality is good, and I feel that I can recommend it to other authors, then I will add your company site to my “Resources” or “Tools and Apps” in the appropriate category which it belongs. Optional: your company logo or masthead to put on the post. I will embed the link to your site in the post. I will not be going on any free trips (unless I am coming to a publishing company, bookstore, or coffee shop that hosts book signings, writer and reader’s groups, etc) or trying a new food or beverage (unless you are a coffee shop or bookstore that also does author/reader events), so please don’t contact me! This is for books, authors, and publishing only!
Cost: A free product or service for me to try out. I want to go through the same process as all customers, so I can properly assess the MO and customer service for me to give a full report and review.
For Authors Looking for Promos and Advertising:
For sidebar advertising and other coverage besides guest posts and book features and book promotion opportunities for ALL genres please visit Soaring Eagle Publicity for details and rates. Ads for books dealing with self publishing, social media, and book marketing can be advertised here at $50 per month. Books to be posted on this site have to be reviewed and approved.