Is your Twitter account a little bit cluttered? Have you hit the “2000 barrier” and can’t follow new tweeps back until you drop the dead-weight to make room? Ever wonder who you are following who are not tweeting, not following you back, etc?
There’s hope and it’s called Manage Flitter.
What is Manage Flitter?
Manage Flitter is an app (application) that is specifically designed for Twitter housekeeping of this sort. It helps you find you eggs (no profile pic), nofollowbacks, ne’retweeters, and more, but the prior three are just enough to keep you Twitter account tidy.
It’s easy to use and its FREE!
I first heard of Manage Flitter from Rachel Thompson in a book she co-authored called Dollars and Sense. Since it is free after all I decided to try it out. She readily recommends this so I second her recommendation on this app because I use it. It reduces the amount of work you have to do by going through thousands and thousands of tweeps and looking at their timelines and trying to decipher if they are following you back or not.
You can be done with this work in as little as a few clicks and a few seconds if you keep it up weekly (Rachel’s recommendation) and are not choosy on who you want to keep (i.e. book reviewers, celebrities, mainstream publishers, etc). Totally up to you.
How to Use Manage Flitter
- Go to Manage Flitter. Want to go now? Click Here
- Log in with your Twitter information. Note: Manage Flitter is a secure site so no one will hack you, and it doesn’t save your information.
- You will go to the Twitter “Authorize App” page and click the button to authorize it.
- It will go back to Manage Flitter and it will take a few seconds to go through your tweeps. Once you go to the dashboard you are ready to go.
- Go to each tab you wish to go and either select all or check the tweeps you want to unfollow and click the unfollow button.
- If you want to select all, but wish to keep your “popular” or “verified” you can keep them by clicking on the appropriate button and they will be unselected.
- Voila! You’re done! Just come back when you need to do more Twitter-keeping!
Note: Manage Flitter has a function to tweet how many tweeps you unfollowed or tweet out who used the app to unfollow you, etc. I don’t know why they have this. DO NOT DO THIS!!!!! You will be come a Twitter jerk (can’t say douche; Rachel took that one :P) and no one will want to be your friend. It won’t work out the way you think it will.
It is 100% guaranteed to blow up in your face. The person who unfollowed you may follow you back later. They won’t if you nark on them in this way. Don’t make their mind up for them! It’s just Twitter. It isn’t like they told the whole world your most personal secret and then dumped you!