I would like to welcome Alla Gilbert to NAG! She will be sharing with us some thoughts for new authors to achieve a rewarding writing career from concept to the marketing stage.
Are you a writer who desires to try your hands at writing a book? Then, you need to be aware of certain good qualities that will help you to become a successful author. As a matter of fact, writing is a dignified art and very few individuals are blessed with this skill of expressing their ideas in form of quality writings. Most of the amateur writers must be looking for tips for writing their dream book. Such tips to write a book with quality even motivate you to opt for an extra step to begin with good project of book writing. Some of the crucial tips and techniques for writing books are mentioned here. These are the simple yet essential fundamentals and new authors need to follow them earnestly.
- Begin to write a book: While commencing the significant task of writing a book, you need to wash out all the unnecessary thoughts from your mind. Make a habit to sit in front of the computer screen for hours for typing your writings. Don’t overestimate that you can master all the crucial tricks and tips of writing and publishing your book in a single day. Be aware of the fact that it takes several months or years to finish writing a quality book. Moreover, there exist no hard and fast constraints of time, days or months for an author to finally get done with his book. So, make a point to develop a discipline in writing in initial period of writing a book since this will greatly help you later on. See to it that you stress more on perfection in your writings.
- Allot Time for Book Writing: You can inculcate good writing habits by following great discipline while writing your dream book. In the initial phase, try to allot certain time of day for writing, say around 1 hour every day. Ensure that you maintain a consistency in writing you book.
- Capture thoughts and Pen down your thoughts: Plan a special time of the day for conceptualizing and drafting your thoughts. Capture innovative ideas by visiting relevant places and meeting people with similar thoughts. Do write when you feel inspired and motivated. Make a habit of penning down your thoughts on idea of your book as and when the new ideas click you. This is a quality habit for first-time book writers and it will be highly beneficial for them in a long run of their writing career. Do write whenever your heart wishes to write. Listen to the creative side of your mind as it will help you to write your book effectively. Remember never to get disappointed if some day new ideas don’t click you.
- Get rid of distractions: Whenever you sit to write, first get rid of the distractions and try to concentrate on your writing. Concentration is a powerful tool for achieving success in writing. Prefer to sit in a silent place where distractions like television, music, internet, noise due to some work in the vicinity won’t be able to distract you.
- Proofread and edit: Once done with the writing part edit your writings in the book, this will help you to enhance the quality of writings in your newly created book. Even revise your finished book many times until you find the best of it to publish.
After you are done with writing and editing, you need to publish and promote your book so that the people worldwide will get to know about the existence of your book. You can get your book published from a renowned publisher. There exist several means to promote your published book.
- Over the Web: You can promote your book over the web. Web offer various opportunities to interact with potential readers and publishers. This method is inexpensive and highly effective for enhancing the sales of your book.
- Book promotion through Bookstores: Many bookstores have interest in advertising books of new authors. By developing good relation with the store personnel you can get your book on the shelves of the bookstore and can effectively promote it.
- Book Fairs: Launching your new book in the global book fairs 2013 is highly effective way of promoting your book. Various crucial elements of the publishing industry like publishers, editors, news reporters, librarians and many others make a point to visit such exhibitions looking for new books. Thus, your new book will get great exposure for its enhanced promotion.
Reputed book exhibitions like American Library Association will showcase your book explicitly by displaying it in front and center of their display programs. A large number of people of all ages visiting such exhibition can get their hands at your book and can attempt to purchase it. Thus, you will experience a boost in your book sales.
No doubt, publishing your written book can be painful in terms of energy, time and imagination that you have invested in it. However, the joy of self-satisfaction is highly rewarding and invaluable as compared to your financial investments involved in the project.
Author Bio: Alla Gilbert is an exclusive writer and skillfully writes on global book exhibitions, book promotion and on several topics related to authors, books and book fairs. She has 2 little kids and a publishing house to manage. Even though she is a homemaker, she efficiently handles her profession with equal spirit. She has full faith in Combined Book Exhibition services to do justice to the book promotion.