I would like to welcome Jyoti Bhandari to NAG today. She is here to share some thoughts about exploring the power of content marketing and its channels as this is how business, no matter what it is, and even authors can learn from. Enjoy!
Bill Gates once famously quoted that content is king. Now, with dynamic marketing scenarios and increased number of content channels, I couldn’t help but share this wonderful quote from Jonathan Perelman:
“Content is king, but distribution is queen, And she wears the pants.”
This tongue-in-cheek quote questions a lot of things. Are your content marketing efforts measurable? If yes, what’s the true value? Are your content marketing initiatives able to connect content to revenues? And, what exactly are you looking for from your content marketing campaigns? Prospect Engagement, brand awareness or leadership?
Let us look at following statistics to know the power of content marketing channels, courtesy Kapost.
- 2% of marketers think that branded content is more effective than magazine advertisements, 69% say it’s superior to direct mail and PR.
- 82% of prospects say content targeted to their industry is more valuable.
- 9 in 10 organizations market with content.
- 95% of B2B enterprise marketers use content marketing.
Now that we know how content marketing is such a powerful tool, let’s learn how enterprise society can effectively explore the power of content marketing channels.
The Potential In Creative Web Pages
Business owners have stopped using neighborhood-basement-designers in order to give their website a rich feel. In fact they are opting for professional crowdsourcing websites such as Designhill.com for various Website and Blog Designs. Reason? Because they now understand that content marketing has a lot to do with design as well. Here’s how you can explore the power of content marketing channels through creative web pages:
- Induce High-quality, professional-looking photos and Images: You don’t want your users to think your products/services/brand is just as inferior as your images.
- Visualize your content, induce more graphic elements: In current dynamic market, it is almost vital to use to graphic elements rather than traditional text-based content.
- After text & graphics, it’s the time for Videos: Don’t shy away from using videos in your website, because if a picture can be a thousand words, a video is then a short booklet.
Boost Your Brand with Infographics
There is a sudden craze among marketers for infographics because it’s so delicious that you want to taste it. An infographic is designed in a manner that you would want to read the whole content, you would want to know the kind of elements used. Quite like when Windows XP came for the first time, we just wanted to look at it, precisely because it was filled with many interesting things at once. Here is how you can effectively boost your brand with good and relevant infographics.
- The Interest keeps on growing: There is almost 96% increase in the viewership since 2005.
- Target Audience are more attracted in Visual elements: A Survey says that 90% of information that comes to people’s mind is visual in nature.
- Viral Compatibility: Almost every time an infographic is made on the planet, it goes through at least 10K likes.
Using Video Marketing to Your Advantage
Demand Metric published a report indicating that 70% of business-owners are now shifting towards videos for marketing. As much as 82% marketers believe video marketing to be more successful than other channels of marketing. Obviously these numbers indicate that there is a wide scope for videos to market your products and services, and video marketing strategy can boost both sales and brand value. Here is how you can effectively use video marketing to your advantage.
- Identify your audience: While there is a big scope for video marketing, it is important that you first determine the segment of audience where you are going to showcase the video. Factors like, regional internet excess, video relevance to specific area, shopping history etc are to be kept in mind before proceeding.
- Call-to-action: Once you are done producing the video, it is important to introduce a call-to-action or else it might fail to yield the desired results. Make sure you know beforehand what action do you want people to take after they have done watching the video. For deep impact, you should include a call to action in both visual and audible manner.
- Distribute is queen: Do not overlook the power of social media when distributing your video. Promote it through many channels. Also, do not forget to optimize it for mobile viewing since large number of users are now using mobile devices for viewing videos.
Wrapping it up
The process of creating a communication tool demand a thought out through understanding of why it needs to be done, for whom and how. It has to go through the prism of modern marketing. In order to develop a cross-media marketing platform, one has to stay away from the traditional methods of ‘been there done that’ attitude.
Let us know how you have been doing it for your business. What has been your most powerful medium for content marketing? Drop down your comments below.
Author bio: Jyoti Bhandari a blogger. In her spare time, she generally write on topics concerning design, E-commerce, startups. When not writing, she love spending her time playing video games and watching cartoon movies!
Leave a Reply